Experience the genuine summit of Uganda! This tour takes you to the majestic Rwenzori Mountains, a true rewarding experience for alpine climbers!
The Rwenzori Mountains have been selected as one of the World’s Best Hikes by National Geographic!
• Day 1: ARRIVAL
• DAY 2: START OF THE EQUATOR GLACIERS TOUR
• Day 3 : JOHN MATTE HUT
• Day 4: BUJUKU HUT
• Day 5: ELENA HUT
• Day 6: FINAL ASCENT TO THE ALPS OF AFRICA!
• Day 7 : GUY YEOMAN HUT
• Day 8 : NYABITABA HUT
• Day 9: KASESE
• Day 10: DEPARTURE
Did you know?
The highest point in the range, a top Mount Stanley, the Rwenzori Mountains are wrapped in permanent snow and storm-swept glaciers
- Other Name: Mountains of the moon
- Size:About 120 kilometres long and 65 kilometres wide.
- Highest peak:Mount Stanely – Mangherita Peak at 5109 metres (16,762 ft) above sea level.
Other massifs: Mount Speke 4,890 metres (16,040 ft), Mount Baker 4,843 metres (15,889 ft), Mount Emin 4,798 metres (15,741 ft), Mount Gessi 4,715 metres (15,469 ft), Mount Luigi di Savoia (4,627 metres (15,180 ft).